Tuesday, March 11, 2008

garden check

The garden has been planted for a few weeks and already, some of the lettuce and greens have made their way into a salad. I forgot how fast the radishes grow as well - we should start eating them in a few weeks. The sugar snap peas and the tomatoes will start to produce soon too. The scarecrow did a great job keeping the birds away but I still had a problem with some seeds disappearing. I think it might be ants so I sprayed a mixture of pureed jalapeno and water to ward off the bugs and keep the garden organic.

I had to replant about 4 squares and fill in some of the beets and carrots that were on the thin side. No big deal. I'll take some pictures this week. I'm placing an order with John Scheepers Kitchen Garden Seeds this week to back fill the radishes and some of the greens that will be harvested in the next month. They have an amazing selection - everything from edible flowers to hard to find varietals. Here is the latest garden layout.

(click image for full size view)

Here is a great shot of Lillie with last years spring garden after about 8 weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment